Note: I love this blog, but I haven’t been able to sustain writing on it as often because I’ve been teaching more in person workshops and trying to take better care of myself. So I’m going to start writing some shorter style posts which I think will still be inspirational and helpful – and hopefully easier to read since we’re all busy.
Here’s what on my radar.
- My mom is currently teaching me how to embroider. For years we have argued about my complete lack of interest in learning cross stitch (it HURTS my eyes) and is too tiny. But I have fallen head over heels in love with the online video resources on CreativeBug & Rebecca Ringquist. Her sampler is pictured above and that’s what I’m working on right now. She into bending the rules, and I’m into that.
- Mindfulness. I’ve been really focusing on this for stress management and not letting my mind rule the show. The embroidery is a great reminder to focus wholeheartedly in the present.
- I’m teaching my first workshop on E.F.T. tapping this weekend which I am a little nervous about but mostly the good kind of butterflies nervous. E.F.T. was THE tool that really helped me bounce back emotionally from some of my toughest times.
- Yin Yoga, restorative yoga, and deep stretch yoga. I want in.
- I asked Santa for “Simple Green Smoothies” because I heard the two founders interviewed on my favorite podcast EVAH.
- My winter 2016 present to myself was an automatic car starter. It felt totally outrageous and extravagant, and I did it anyway because the cold can really get to me.
- Zzzzzzz update: Every night I run my essential oil diffuser (set on a timer to two hours). I pick a different scent, add a couple drops and then fall asleep in a real field of lavender (okay I guess it only feels like that).
- My other new workout crush: Basic Hip-Hop Fitness classes. Haven’t taken one yet, but psyched about Miami Fitness and Lifestyle opening in Andover this weekend.
- HOORAY for the return of Downton Abbey and New Girl. And I am also guilty of watching Jane the Virgin on Netflix.