First off, I would like to say a big thank you to anyone who joined us at The Healing Place last night to celebrate Helen’s 8th Anniversary. The K is for Kale brand got more out there than it has in a long time – and it felt fantastic to share about sugar with a kind, intrigued and educated crowd.
I am busy now preparing for my next 60-minute workshop on the Sugar Blues which will take place this Tuesday, September 16h from 7-8pm. If you are interested in attending please email Helen [firstname.lastname@example.org] so we can have adequate seating, and more importantly, SNACKS for you beautiful people!
Here are a few of the topics I will be covering more in depth on Tuesday night:
- Glucose vs. fructose and High Fructose Corn Syrup – Why HFCS is NO GOOD + the foods it hides in
- How to handle Sugar Cravings – This isn’t easy and you do need strategies. Hint: I do not recommend going cold turkey
- Sugar and our mood – Anxiety, depression, irritability and mood swings have all been connected to sugar consumption. I’ll give examples of foods that can make us feel more grounded and centered.
- Intro to acid versus alkaline foods- Sugar is extremely acidic and throws the body out of homeostasis, but other more alkaline foods actually HELP the body maintain balance AND clear some of that acidity!
- SNACKS and sugar-free recipes, but of course
1.) Food stuff: I tried something new for dinner tonight: Zucchini Fritters. Very simple and a great way to sneak veggies into dinner. Tip: I used a food processor to shred the zucchini which is a LOT less work than grating it by hand.
2.) On Giving Your Gift: I was talking with my chiropractor this week about how I’ve waited to put myself out there with health coaching – hiding behind various excuses etc. etc. and he said you have to find something you are so passionate about that it drags you forward at full force and you can’t possible not teach about it. At that point you literally have no say in the matter. #GOODADVICE
3.) Monday is my birthday. Yeah #VIRGOS. I am going to eat so much sugar-free cake and then tell you all about it afterward.
Keep an eye out for some more sugar posts this weekend.